Sign From God About Your Future: Follow The Light

Friday, January 02, 2015

Looking for a sign from God about your future? This post is for you.

All that I see is light. I unintentionally wake up early one morning before the sun starts to peak. I attempt to lie down on the couch. Just as my eyes and mind start to wander off, it hits me. The sun's glow makes contact with my face, causing me to feel the sudden change. Warmth like that is an undeniable presence. The only warmth comparable is the one that He brings. I began to notice that He's in the midst, God is with me.

After a week like mine, the only response that flowed out were tears, unrecognizable words amounting to a prayer, and complete joy. I knew that I was no longer in this storm alone. Peace took over my restless heart.

With the peace of God upon me, I was certain that I needed to move forward to get through the storm.

Hm...I have a few decisions to make...


I finally decided! I know God's way is the only righteous path, but wow, this is going to be hard. I've decided to follow the Lord's will for my life, but what are all my friends and family going to think of me? At least I hope this is the right way to do things...ugh! The enemy is putting doubts in my head already. Let me go downstairs for some water since my mind is restless again.

Something caught my eye, making me stop dead in my tracks halfway through the kitchen. No way. I stared at my glowing kitchen floor. It looks magical. After all the years I've lived here, I would have noticed the moon shine like this!  I walk towards my back door, expecting to see a super-sized moon. It was only a tiny crescent moon. I looked around to my neighbor's yards, and everything was in the dark.

The only light shining was shining directly on me. 

God met me right where I was. He said, "Just follow the light."

This is the Lord's path for my life. This is how I was called to live. I was created the follow the true light. I will no longer listen to Satan who tries to enslave me through fearful thinking.

I cannot yet comprehend all of God's plans for my life. So if you don't understand my life, then we may be on the same page. But I refuse to be limited to people's faithless opinions. God gave me this walk to live with faith. And I won't be alone in this, I never was. He's always been right there with me.

The same holds true in your life: God wants you to follow the light and He will be with you every step of the way. Even when you take a look at your life, and it looks nothing like you would have imagined it to be. You may be unsure of moving on because it doesn't fit into your ideal description. I understand because I've been there. But God says that His plan is better than what we can dream up for our lives. He told me that it's okay to just trust Him instead of people.

If you're looking for a sign, here it is. Be content with Him as your sole provider. Move forward and obey His call on your life. All you have to do is just follow the light.

What has God called you to do? Has He ever given you a sign before? Share any testimonies in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Instagram