Accepting Love: Community

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Want to be part of a community, but don't seem to fit in anywhere? This post is for you. 

To be honest, I could not have come this close to God without the community around me, the body of Christ that is. My senior pastor from Christian International Church is a true man of God, teaching me more than I ever thought possible in such a short time period. Other members encourage, pray, and love on me just like Jesus.

This wasn't always the case. In fact, this has never happened to me before. I've never had people pour into me with such genuine love. This lack has made me struggle with accepting love from other people because I'm simply not used to it yet. It's uncomfortable a majority of the time.

I know that love is what God wants for my life, as much as my flesh wants to try and deny it. It's something that I better accept. But it's not easy to accept, especially when you have the thoughts below.

"No one will ever love me."
"I don't deserve love."
"What is there to love about myself?"

The way to combat these thoughts is to take up our sword, which is the Word of God.


When we look at what God says about the body of Christ, it helps us to conquer our struggles of accepting other's love for us.

"For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another" (Romans 12:4-5)

The great thing about being in the body of Christ is that we're all different! We don't have to fit a certain mold in order to fit into the community. We can stand out and at the same time be right where we belong!

God created us for His glory with purpose. This is exactly why those thoughts from Satan come along. He doesn't want us to fulfill our destiny. He would rather us feel unlovable than let ourselves be loved and become powerful.

Love has power!

When people start to say that you're great, you start to believe them! When we accept love that's unconditional, it doesn't matter how many times we mess up. When others look past our mess ups, we ourselves can get over them and forgive ourselves! Love has the power to cover a multitude of sins.

When we act as the body, we become members with each other. Not only do we identify as Christians, but as friends, and even as family. Love is the greatest of all because true light can be shown that the world desperately needs to see. Surrounding each other with the fruit of the Spirit can leave nonbelievers speechless with the love of Christ that exists.

When we decide to be unconditionally loved by others, we help a whole community of nonbelievers see the love of God.

When has the body of Christ shown you God's love unconditionally? Share any testimonies in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Instagram