How To Graduate College Early

Friday, August 14, 2015

Want to know how to graduate college early? This post is for you.

I graduated a year early! I want to show you the advantages and disadvantages of graduating college early, along with how you can achieve the same.

1. Advantages

  • Moving on with your life
  • Paying off debt
  • Saving money
  • Having a year to focus on you
  • Being able to save long term
  • Accomplish what seems impossible to others

2. Disadvantages

  • Missing study abroad opportunities
  • Spending summers in school
  • A lower GPA
  • No break between semesters
  • Enduring winter classes
  • Being extremely burnt out
Overall, graduating early required sacrifice, but the extra responsibility was worth it. I learned how to work hard for what I wanted, and it helped shape my character. This caused an easier transition from college life to the real world. 

The main step to achieving early graduation is to strategically plan your courses without other's input.

My school advisors messed up my schedule more times than I would like to say. If I wasn't being careful, they could have wasted a lot of my time and money. Even family and friends might call your dream impossible. When it comes down to it, you're the one who will be enduring the schooling. Make sure you're in complete control of your future.

Take as many classes as your allowed. Overload your schedule if you're able to handle it.


I didn't have to overload my schedule, but I promise that it will be okay if you do. You can make it through. Keep your mind focused on the end goal: graduation.

Make sure to set aside money in advance for winter and summer classes.


The time comes before you know it. It's better to be prepared and thinking ahead.

Remember to have a social life and set limits on school work.


I didn't party in college, but I was a part of three organizations. It's possible to have a social life if you set time aside. Of course, you will have to say no. Get used to saying no, but make sure to practice yes every once in a while. When you feel yourself getting overwhelmed, take care of yourself immediately.

You can really set yourself in a good place if you plan ahead with school work. Spend one day getting every assignment finished so you can enjoy the rest of the weekend. This goes back to my main point: STRATEGIC PLANNING WORKS WONDERS.

Don't pull all nighters. 


Say no to them. Don't believe in them. Sleep is just as important to maintain good grades, and even more important for your sanity. Just refuse this method.

When it's all done, have a plan for after graduation! 


Life doesn't stop when you receive your diploma. It keeps going, and so should your dreams and goals. You don't need a specific plan. Think of it more as an outline. If you need direction, ask the Holy Spirit!

What helps you get through college? Share any testimonies in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Instagram