Why Am I Fighting For Attention?

Friday, June 26, 2015

Are you an introvert fighting for attention? This post is for you.


Labels sometimes don't do a person justice. Introverts don't have to be shy or quiet. I myself am an introvert, and I love to talk in depth. Heart to hearts are my all time favorite. My soul yearns for them! To be fair, I'm better at one-on-ones or small groups. That doesn't make me shy, though. I run up to strangers quite frequently.

I love hearing others talk. Their stories, private thoughts, and reasoning behind actions intrigues me. You can truly learn something from everyone, and I don't take that for granted. With that being said, being introverted has nothing to do with how I interact with others. Each conversation that I have is a soul connection, and it has nothing to do with my personality.

When we take this context and connect it to our walks with Christ, the real struggle comes up through fighting for attention. God hides people to prepare them for their next season. This can come with a lot of inner conflict because the flesh doesn't want to be hidden. And even going further than that, we are made to be in community with others, so our desire is to be around people who show interest in us.

What happens when you're around people, but no one seems to be listening to you? 


Conversations can get frustrating when God hides your potential. People simply look past you and your thoughts. They don't ask for your voice to be heard because they can't see what you offer. This is a blessing, to prepare you for your future, but in the meantime it can feel like a curse.

People may overlook you, and you excuse it for thinking you're too sensitive. People may respond too quickly with their thoughts without asking about yours, and you excuse it for thinking you're overthinking subtle transitions. The truth is that you can't excuse people for behaviors that are speaking for themselves.

I want you to know that I notice you, and you matter.


We're all different, but that doesn't make our worth any less. God sees your worth, so you don't need to fight for the attention of others. When He hides you, He is showing how precious you are to Him. You have a purpose, a plan, and a future! God will never leave you or forsake you. He will never take you for granted. He hears your thoughts and notices your feelings.


We're all different, but that doesn't make our worth any less. God sees your worth, so you don't need to fight for the attention of others. When He hides you, He is showing how precious you are to Him. You have a purpose, a plan, and a future! God will never leave you or forsake you. He will never take you for granted. He hears your thoughts and notices your feelings.

Don't fight for the attention of others because then God is fighting for attention from you. Our soul longs for our Father. We want to be loved by Him. He will give us the respect we need. He will give us intimate attention. He will treat our vulnerability with importance. He will keep us protected. He will leave us cared for.

"For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all" (Matthew 6:32)

How has God recently shown His love for you? Share any testimonies in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Instagram